Posted on January 22, 2018
The latest version of the SIM Tool allows for a CMS-only installation of Sitecore 9. If you haven’t had the time to dive into the Sitecore Install Framework, this is great news.
I haven’t tried the CM or CD instances, but the Standalone works great.
It uses the older file structure, with the Website, Databases, and Data folders inside the instances folder:
Posted on October 17, 2017
#SitecoreSym kicks off this week, and since I can’t be there, this seems like a great time to update my blog. Here are some of the most interesting announcements of the day:
The official page for the latest version.
Sitecore 9 Features
Robbert Hock talks about some of the exciting features of Sitecore 9
Sitecore 9: Dynamic Placeholders
Jammykam goes into great detail about one of the most requested features of Sitecore 9.
Sitecore Experience Cloud
Sitecore’s next-generation platform gives you the freedom to engage with your customers on their terms—when and where it’s convenient for them and in any format they choose.
Part of the Experience Cloud, Sitecore Cortex introduces machine learning. Money quote from the video: “Sitecore Cortex processes enormous amounts of data in real time making instant judgement that support your goals, your customers, and the unique context of each interaction so you can concentrate on killer strategies, wild new ideas, and global domination.”
New Study Reveals Brands Fail to Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalized Digital Experiences
Anyone who has taken my marketing class knows we like to reference that one eConsultancy study from 2013. This brings us some more up to date information on the general state of personalization. It sounds like most brands are suffering from Information Overload.
Posted on July 7, 2017
The first time I installed Sitecore Experience Editor, I noticed that insert options appeared to be incorrectly defined. I had to use Insert from Template for everything except Tenant Folders.
Once I learned that SXA uses Powershell Scripts, not insert options, to create new Tenants & Sites, the solution was clear: I had a the wrong version of Powershell Extensions.
I’m using Sitecore 8.2 Update-4, with SxA 1.4. The correct Powershell Extensions version is 4.6 for Sitecore 8, which requires a bit of scrolling on the marketplace:
With the correct version installed, everything is right in the world again: